On March 5th, I published a blog post titled “Bitcoin Revisited: Why I am Still Bearish,” in which I made a case for shorting Bitcoin. Despite my prediction, the cryptocurrency has since risen by approximately 30%. However, I ultimately refrained from shorting Bitcoin due to the poor track record of the only investment vehicle available: the ProShares Short Bitcoin Strategy ETF. This fund failed to rise even when Bitcoin declined. For more information, please refer to my original post. Recent developments have led me to reconsider my stance and open a short position in Bitcoin. Despite the uncertain nature of the investment vehicle, I now believe that the potential upside outweighs the risks. Scenarios 1. US economy remains robust overall, inflation remains sticky, rates keep rising : The US economy remains robust overall, with persistent inflation and rising interest rates. St. Louis Federal Reserve President James Bullard has hinted at this possibility. Probability: 40% (self...
Comments
Post a Comment